Friday, February 20, 2009

SkyWatch Friday

My images for SkyWatch Friday come from my trip to Lake Tahoe (USA) in 2005. I spent a morning hot air ballooning over the lake. This is the only place in the world where the balloon takes off and lands on a boat rather than from the ground during the warmer months. I was lucky as this was the last week of the season for the boat trip and doubley lucky becasue that day was the first that week where they were able to launch the balloon. The afternoon was spent driving the circumfrance of the lake where the second image was taken.

I will post more shots from this trip in Watery Wednesday and Scenic Sunday over the next week.

4 comments:

  1. this is quite beautiful. I like those puffy clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must have been quite a trip. The top photo is especially striking..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those clouds in the sky, what a nice spot to be.
    Happy SWF.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful. Reminds me of Lake Tahoe in the States.

    ReplyDelete